Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The dog hates me.

It's a new year, new outlook, new resolutions and yet the days just don't have that "new" feel. After much soul searching and contemplation- I've decided it's the dog's fault. Every morning for the past few days I wake up to a pile of poop on the carper directly in front of my closet. The first morning I stepped in pee and caught myself seconds before stepping directly in the poop. At first I was angry. Who wants to be on their hands and knees in the dark cleaning dog poop off the carpet before they have had their morning coffee or shower? As the days go by, my anger has slowly morphed into anxiety. Why is he doing this? My perfectly potty trained dog of two years. Am I being punished for the "few" times I have taken the dog on a walk without a bag because I was too lazy to go back in the house and get one? This tragedy has sent me into a downward spiral of crazy. Our life is out of control...the kids are wild and misbehaving (a given in our house), our schedules our crazy (have been for years), I can't find my keys or phone in my black hole of a purse (life long problem) and now the dog is acting out- methodically pooping in the exact same spot every morning..... I have lost all sense of control. It is the straw that broke the camel's back. I've snapped. God help the dog, the children and especially David (it's always his fault ;) if it happens again.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'd blame it on the dog as well. Didn't you recently move? Maybe he is having anxiety too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! I am so excited you have joined the blogger world. My tip for the dog is really deep clean the spot he goes if he can smell himself he will keep going there :) I am speaking from experience. . . aka Cuddles

    ReplyDelete